sensors

Message posted by Rocketfox on January 04, 2003 at 8:03:00 PST:

Were it me, I wouldn't "test" the system.
Many years ago my brother was an Air Policeman assigned to Mountain Home AFB, then a SAC base with B-52's. He was there when the Green Berets "tested" Base security and penetrated the flight line, the command center and Air Ops.
Sucessfully, I may add. The result wasn't pretty.

Red Team Exercises are a normal event at a lot of classified facilities, this I know from having been in on several of them during my military career.

It would not surprise me, for example, for Force recon marines to have "tested" Groom Security on more than one occasion, or. some units of a similar capability.

Referring to sensors, I would expect state-of-the-art in such a facility, including not only buried capacitance units, {of which we've had reports} but radar and/or IR/Thermal imaging as well, either fixed, or portable. Given the size of the facility, ground radar from an off-the-shelf source seems likely.

Annother consideration is "layered security" . The civilian contractors keep out the curious and casual visitors, and I'm sure the "penalties" increase the closer one gets to the actual facility. We know, for example, the penalties for a minor border incursion of a few feet or so, and I hate to consider what the routine would be if one were discovered any closer to the physical plant, probably a stretch in Portsmouth as a "guest" of the Government with little or no contact with the outside world, given the current state of things. I would think that's way too risky just for a peek. Going to a civilian jail is one thing, but going to POrtsmouth as a "suspected combatant" is really a bummer.

Sometimes, the ticket is not worth the price of admission

In Reply to: Re: Has anyone looked into 51's site sensors? posted by Tim on January 03, 2003 at 13:37:36 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]