Wait a second...

Message posted by Chris McDowell on January 04, 2003 at 2:59:51 PST:

First of all, let me say hello to everyone. This is my first posting here, though I've been reading the forum for a while now.

This is in regard to Tim's earlier post about the Jerry Freeman expedition into the NTS looking for the 49er inscription. Perhaps I should have posted a direct reply to that one, but it's a bit down the page at this point. As I was reading the series of articles that Tim supplied a link to, I intended to ask if anyone here had an idea what the two facilities he describes (the "city of the dead" and the blue/white hangar facility) might have been. But then I noticed what seemed to be a discrepancy in his account. Maybe I'm mistaken. On the last page of the journal, day 7, he says:
"Hours later, I could see the "City" gleaming far below. Focusing my glasses, I could just make out my earlier path to the spring."
However, on day 5, he specifically mentioned that he left his binoculars behind. And several times during the series, he refers to his binoculars as glasses, so I'm pretty sure he was doing the same here.

Or did I miss something?

Sorry for the lengthy post. And I would still like to hear everyone's opinion on what those two facilities could have been.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]