Aircrafts spotted over The Netherlands?

Message posted by Jorit on January 03, 2003 at 8:50:48 PST:

Last week I spotted some strange planes here over The Netherlands.

I saw a pair of 2 planes flying side by side at a very high altitude. To me it seemed they were at a very high altitude, because the plane itself could not be seen. The only thing I saw about the two planes were their vapor trails. When I looked at it in the sky, it looked like 2 rockets flying side by side, because the vapor trail seemed to came from just 1 engine. But maybe the aircraft could have had more engines, because the high altitude made the vapor trail very thin.

I was really interested in these planes and about 10 minutes later the same happened again. Two of those things flying over from north-north-east to south. It was also obvious they were flying at a higer speed then commercial jets. They were acyually flying really fast.

And 10 minutes later the same happened again. And 10 minutes later again and again.

I was really wondering what kind of aircraft these were. Were it US planes heading Iraq. Maybe just F16s flying at a very high altitude, or maybe B1-bs?

I don't know, but I live in the middle of The Netherlands and that could possibly be an airway from bases in the UK to Iraq.

What is your opinion?

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]