Re: Comdex is boring - any ideas?

Message posted by fastwalker on November 04, 2002 at 5:09:12 PST:

for future reference, i would be interested in the details of what the ticking off from the local involved, and what you may have to share about that experience with other visitors. actual first hand accounts are more helpful than you may think and might help someone avoid unwanted contact of the fourth kind.

also, i assume you were driving a rental car. if you look closely at your rental agreement or ask for details from the rental company, you will now find that almost all rental car contracts and insurance you obtain from them are VOID if you operate the vehicle on an UNPAVED surface. (some companies regard a dirt or gravel road as unpaved) that may also apply to coverage for the vehicle provided by a credit card company. if the local law officer is aware of that, it could make it a violation by driving an un-insured vehicle or without liability coverage. either or both can put you in jail since you are not local, and the car impounded.

also, on topic, there was some story a while ago about Canadians who have since been denied entry to the US after having had a run with the Lincoln County Sheriff.
apparently they were entered into the US immigration database as undesirable aliens.

i think this is the type of information valuable to any visitor to Rachel and vicinity.

In Reply to: Comdex is boring - any ideas? posted by Richard on November 04, 2002 at 4:25:21 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]