Buzzed by F-16 near the border

Message posted by Joe on September 08, 2002 at 12:39:41 PST:

I just got back yesterday from my trip to LV, Rachel, A51. Got some pics of the planes landing at Nellis on Thursday evening. Went to Coyote Summit to watch the red flag exercises (it was Friday and unfortunately there wasn't much activity in the late afternoon when I went). Also went to the back gate-- no cammo dudes.

On the way back to Vegas I took GLR to the border and was buzzed by an F-16 when I was about 2 miles from the border (near the turnoff to campfire hill). I continued on and snapped some pics of the border signs and the lone dark green chevy silverado cammo dude truck on the usual hill to the north.

As I was going back to the highway I was buzzed again by the F-16, again less than 2 miles from the border. I wasn't quick enough to take a pic of the F-16 when it was directly overhead but I did get a pic just before it flew over the Jumbled Hills!!!

I didn't see it turn so I'm assuming it was from Groom and not part of red flag. I'm sure it flew into the "box"

Has anyone else been buzzed by an F-16? I've read the report of the guy being buzzed by the black helo.

A more extensive trip report will follow when I get my non-digital pics developed.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]