Request for Assistance...

Message posted by Gunslinger on December 26, 2000 at 11:34:47 EST:

I'm just embarking on a major undertaking. Using Moray/POV-Ray, I'm going to re-create Groom in #D, using various photos to create as ancurate render a possible. of course, it won't be 100%, but it would be enough to provide some high-quality renders from various angles to help get a 'feel' for the base itself.

However, I have a piddlin' little computer. good enough to do the basic work an 'quick and dirty' renders on - but large, hi-res, anti-aliased renders would take days on my computer - literally! What I'm looking for is somebody with a fairly powerful computer (P-II, PIII, >200Mh) willing to download the free programs Moray and Povray, and do the final renders. The finished files - either the renders, or the basic Moray file itself - will be freely availabel to anybody who wants them. If you have a powerful enough computer, you can even use moray to generate an animated 'walk-through'

Anyone intersted in assisting me in this very, very large project can either e-mail me seperately or post a reply here. Anybody with any comments or suggestions on the project itself, feel free to chime in as well...

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]