Re: Underground - Proven...?

Message posted by Gunslinger on December 26, 2000 at 11:04:28 EST:

Okay, here's a quick bit of photo analysis on said object:

I started with the vehicle near the top left of the photo. Given the distinctive shape of the shadow, it's a 85% chance it's a pick-up truck. Given that, it's rough dimensions are 15x5x5.

That being the case, then the angle of the sun for these photos is perfect - becuase, on the same scale, the shadow on the vehicle is approx. 5 feet long, meaning that the sun's sitting at an almost perfect 45 degree angle.

That would make the object in question approx. 20x20 feet in size, with a 'solid' height of less then six inches. (Of course, it could be enclosed in chain-link fencing or other 'mesh', whose shadows are not distinguishable in the photo.

To double-check these approx. measurements, copmapre the long, low building to the left of Hanger 18. Based on the same scale measurements, I'm using, the building would come out to be approx. 83 feet wide and 210 feet long, with a roof that slopes from 12ft to 15ft in height. This jibes with the 'panoramic' photo taken, at least in rough scale, so the measurements aren't that far off.

Next, we can see a dark spot in the very center of the object. This might be a color variation or a shadow - if it is a shadow, the object is still ver low to the ground, or very thin.

Well, i don't know if this helps anybody or not, but that's about what i can tell on first glance at the photo...

In Reply to: Re: Underground - Proven...? posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on December 26, 2000 at 07:04:57 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]