Re: Scanner Help

Message posted by Hank on August 14, 2002 at 17:15:37 PST:

I had a real good scanner that finally died and when I went to replace it I wanted to be in the same price range that you do.After scanning the factory web sites and looking at Grove and Rat Shack I found out that the prices had changed since I bought my Icom. I wound up on Ebay and bought a Radio Shack Pro-26 with continuous coverage 25MHz to 1.3GHz. It came with an internal charger, a cigarette liter plug in, an AC plug in,and a zip up case.It was in really mint condition. I payed a total of $158.00 which included the postage from Texas. I have used it heavily in the last 6 months. I have been to the ranges numerous times and to Nellis and Indian Springs.I even used it to listen to a stealthy Capstone that Gary and I went too.(sorry inside joke)It is as sensitive as my Icom was.It holds 200 freqs , 20 channels into 10 banks, programs easily, and operates fast and easy.
If you go to the search link on the web site and enter scanner you will probably get better advice than this. I believe Gary has a link in their somewhere that covers brand names and specs thats pretty informative
Good luck
Hank

In Reply to: Scanner Help posted by Zak Winnick on August 14, 2002 at 15:17:05 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]