Re: Off Topic: Lens advice

Message posted by Koji on May 05, 2002 at 7:37:19 PST:

Hi Hank !

I am also glad to hear from you.
It seems that you looked at the advertisement site of the lens which I recommended.

I have not experienced a trouble about hand holding of this lens at the time of photography of an aircraft.

However, when I use this lens, only one has been perplexed at the beginning.

It is the difference of the feeling at the time of adjustment of a zoom range.

Zoom System of this lens is Linear extension type as described at spec.

On the other hand, all Zoom System of the lens which I own from before is Rotating type.

That is, to having adjusted the zoom range by turning an outer ring to right and left at the time of use of all other lenses, when using this lens, a zoom range will be adjusted by sliding an outer body forward and backward.

For example, in case it adjusts to 100mm range, it is that a being sensuous difference arises in whether it makes it slide forward and backward whether does it rotate right and left and an outer ring is performed, and an outer body is performed.

I think that it seems that mastery is not needed especially other than this sensuous difference.

I am glad if this comment of mine is useful for you.

Koji

P.S. I am combining and using EF70-200mm F2.8L USM and EF100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS USM for EOS-1N and EOS-3 according to a photography situation about a film camera.

In Reply to: Re: Off Topic: Lens advice posted by Hank on May 04, 2002 at 20:41:47 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]