Re: PLA highest-ranking general visit at Range 74

Message posted by Jose on December 15, 2000 at 22:44:58 EST:

Gary,

I look for everywhere and find nothing at people Daily Online but i found one on newsmax.com and story didn't mention Range 74 or names of military highest-rank... nothing!

===== I think my friend is confuse about PLA training at Range 74 ======

Chinese troops are being trained for war with the United States, using methods freely handed over to them by the U.S. Army.

According to an official Chinese military publication, the U.S. Army invited representatives of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) to visit an Army base and observe the mock war exercises in which our troops, tabbed the "Blue Army," fight "enemy" troops using the most up-to-date tactics and strategy.

China’s military digest, the Beijing Junshi Wenzhai, said the Chinese went home loaded with valuable information about how the U.S. would engage the PLA in the event of a war.

The digest reported that Chinese military officials visited the U.S. Owensburg National Training Center several years ago and observed "the sharp exchanges between the troops and a simulated opposition force. ...

"After the Chinese group of representatives returned home to China, they made a special report to the Central Military Commission," the digest added. "In March of the next year, based on authorization from the CMC, the Nanjing Military Region [in southern China, responsible for the Taiwan Strait] formally organized a combined tactics training center. At this point, China then had its first 'Blue Army' base."

At a secret base in China's eastern Anhui province, "Training is held strictly in accordance with the commands and orders used in foreign armies and their training formats, with even the mess hall using knives and forks [similar to those in the U.S.]. ... The current base commander, General Xiao Deqiao, intimately knows that modern warfare is warfare of information and mechanization. The base has been able to bear the tasks of scientific research and experimentation, specialized project consolidated training and combined tactics theory research.

"At the 'Blue Army' base all the troops [live by the code] "Here we face the battlefield of the future." They use specialized methods to [sharpen] each group of incoming Red Army troops into [well-honed] blades, whose brilliance will shine in all directions."

The digest reports, "In today's Chinese Army, there is a 'Blue Army' base specializing in simulating the war tactics of foreign militaries in order to compel our army in counter operations to 'Know the Enemy' and therefore 'Defeat the Enemy.'"

The publication leaves no doubt that the "enemy" is the United States, which generously taught China how to train its troops to fight us in a future war.

Attached link: http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2000/12/12/132050.shtml

In Reply to: Re: PLA highest-ranking general visit at Range 74 posted by gary on December 14, 2000 at 23:16:43 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]