Re: Anyone look up these law suits

Message posted by passenger 51 on December 12, 2000 at 15:18:50 EST:

I've found these things on Lexis-Nexis (look for a library with access to this system, such as a University library).

I've printed one (don't remember which) and what I understood was this: these guys got sick, so they sued the govt using the EPA act, which says that govt installations have to have inspections just like everyone else by the EPA regarding their disposal of hazardous waste, and since they never admitted to the base, they violated the EPA act.

They sued hoping they'd find out what they were exposed to, but what wound up happening was the the govt admitted to the base (operating location near), said it'd now been EPA inspected (and would continue to be in the future), and that whatever was there was protected by the National Security Act, so they won't say what it was. Therefore even though we hired you to kill you, you have no right to know how or why you died. Nice, huh? That's my take on it anyway. It's always tough to read legalese, so perhaps someone else can get something else.

In Reply to: Re: Anyone look up these law suits posted by gary on December 11, 2000 at 00:39:16 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]