Re: What's with the DLR traffic?

Message posted by Martin_971 on July 15, 2019 at 9:14:25 PST:

Yes, this jetpack-like vehicle is a french invention. It's called a Flyboard, and you can check out on the internet for more informations. It's an engineer that designed a first version of the thing, and created its own company based on the development of those kind of technologies. It was originally propelled by two jets of water, but a recent version (the one presented yesterday) uses two simple air jet that manage to get the guy in the air without any external source. He can reach almost 200km/h with this thing I guess.

I had the opportunity to see someone using it over a lake a few month ago, it's pretty much impressive. The problem is that authorities gives this device the same statues as a plane, so even test flights were totally forbiden for several years. But the guy was recently allowed to use it in strict conditions, near an airport.

A funny fact is that this project has, as far as a know, nothing to do with the military domain. It is far from being an American-like black project secretly tested or anything like that. It was even a surprise that the thing was exposed yesterday because no one has ever mentioned any application in this field. I guess it was supposed to be used only in a commercial purpose, but obviously it will be complicated.

For you remark, it understand, no problem. I thought you were mentioning this story (see attached link) haha

Attached link: This is How France 'Shot Down' America's Stealth F-22 Raptor

In Reply to: Re: What's with the DLR traffic? posted by Gregos on July 14, 2019 at 15:29:48 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]