Re: Looking for current news on Tikaboo Peak access roads

Message posted by Gregos on July 01, 2019 at 18:17:14 PST:

When I used to go commando solo out in the boonies alone, I had On*Star in the HUMMER and I carried the SPOT Emergency distress Satellite thingy. SPOT was spotty at best {Rimshot) but unless you were in a chasm like the geezer in 127 hours, I think Spot would eventually connect and the Calvary would come to the rescue.

As for water, as much as you can carry for sure. I use to carry four 1.5L bottles up the hill. Two frozen with my lunch between. By the summit it was cool and the DIY MRE was ready to eat. I'd make my own MRE as I'm not a Marine! I'd also pack H2O for the HUMMER too. Once I took the In Laws to the Valley of Fire. I packed like (8) gallons with one being frozen for the cooler. Mom & Dad laughed, I said, you have no idea where were going do you? Think Mars! It was 110ºF / 45ºC. Dear old "Dad" was chugging that frozen bottle like there was no tomorrow. I should have charged him for the drink. He's a business man and has more than enough scratch to cover it!!! LOL

In Reply to: Re: Looking for current news on Tikaboo Peak access roads posted by gp3po on June 30, 2019 at 7:46:49 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]