Re: Interception in the NTTR?

Message posted by E545Pilot on May 13, 2019 at 13:05:33 PST:

If you change the overlay on the flightaware link to a sectional chart you can see he flew to the west of the range near Coaldale and Beatty which is the common route.
If he was IFR since he showed up on flightaware ATC will not let you get any closer than you need to.
I filed a Q route south of the range near Vegas a while back and the controller in the sector prior to Vegas questioned my route and then after looking at it for a few seconds said it was ok.. Although last week I heard a controller clear someone through the northeastern part of the Reveille MOA and assured the pilot and I quote "That airspace is not active today"...Which is rare. Wilson Creek VOR is the closest I've been to that corner. ATC in that area is very on top of routing through there.
Also there is a Jet Route that goes right through the middle of White Sands that I filed one day out of Southern California... I didn't get to far before they rerouted me north.

In Reply to: Re: Interception in the NTTR? posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on May 10, 2019 at 12:04:42 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]