Re: Soyuz MS-10 launch failure

Message posted by Gregos on October 11, 2018 at 13:27:50 PST:

Yes they said ballistic reentry.

Scott Manley from the previous YouTube link will probably do a sim just like that. He runs Kerbal & Orbiter sims all the time. I just watched his sim on Yuri Gagarin's flight the other day. Kinda cool as the first flight was secretive and I always wanted to know how the Vostok I ejection seat worked...

As for the criminal investigation, not sure. Hopefully they didn't pull the "chicken switch!" The controller said it was a booster separation problem. Which I thought strange since they reported the problem after booster sep and they continued to spit out telemetry. But who knows what was really going on inside their mission control.

Regardless, I'm glad your buddy is safe and hopefully he'll get to ride it again soon!

*I'll have to reread "Moonshot," I forget what Apollo CDR said he didn't like his hand on the Abort switch as he didn't want to blow a half billion dollar mission on accident! I could see that going into a criminal investigation...

In Reply to: Re: Soyuz MS-10 launch failure posted by jklier on October 11, 2018 at 10:12:11 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]