Re: Camo Dudes pulling two men on bikes near gate

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on October 12, 2016 at 11:59:41 PST:

In my early years of going out there I did some pretty crazy stuff that I now regret. Still, never had an encounter like that in 18+ years.

On one occasion when I started hiking up Hawkeye Hill with the cammos parked on top they yelled at me: "Don't come up here" and "There's snakes down there". When I continued they simply backed up to just inside the boundary.

On another occasion I hiked along the border in a very remote (and touchy) part of the boundary. They drove up to me across the desert at a fairly high rate of speed and stopped abruptly a few feet from me covering me in dust. I said "I don't want any trouble" and that I knew where the border is. They mumbled something like "You are really pushing it partner!" and drove off.

I have been up to the same gate many times. One time I was in that area on my quad and came head to head with a cammo truck, outside the boundary of course. They backed into the brush to make room for me to get through, and when I waved "Thanks" they waved back as they usually do.

If this is real these guys need (and will receive) some serious coaching. But my money is definitely on fake.

In Reply to: Re: Camo Dudes pulling two men on bikes near gate posted by Gerry on October 12, 2016 at 10:38:40 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]