Re: Is this a Fireball or something else?

Message posted by Meteakj on November 19, 2014 at 13:21:56 PST:

Dr Marco From Dutch Meteor Society doubt this one is a meteor. He write: From the video, it appears that the person shooting it was already starting to pay attention well before the peak event. In the video, you can see a pulsating red glow in a stationary position well before it becomes very bright, the latter only happening 18 seconds in the video. The bright peak, of several seconds duration, also seems to be quite stationary. So the event, whatever it was, was already going on for at least 18 seconds, and it does not seem to be moving during that time.

My guess this is something originating on Earth. To me, it looks like a fire or series of small explosions and subsequent large explosion or flash fire reflecting on a cloud deck. The Russian article (in Google translation) seems to suggest there is a major chemical plant nearby? I wonder if any explosions were heard some tens of seconds after the movie ends.

- Marco

In Reply to: Is this a Fireball or something else? posted by Gimbal on November 19, 2014 at 8:22:10 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]