Re: Kinda OT: Re: Eastern Airlines

Message posted by Eagle Scout on November 05, 2014 at 19:20:06 PST:

Yeah, I had some *memorable* T/O's and landings in EAL 727s. Flew them _a_lot_ back in the 80s.

But the best tale really didn't have anything to do with the airline: I was at Logan in Boston, in the Eastern Shuttle terminal (they had flights that ran Boston-NYC-DC and back, I think it was every hour), waiting out a bad winter storm. No flights were leaving the snowed-in airport, and the terminal was getting more & more crowded as people straggled in from other cancelled flights etc. There was a group of 4-5 guys in suits, struck me as marketing types, knocking back the booze (Oh yeah--the Eastern Shuttle terminals all had bars in the waiting area), and getting more & more impatient with Eastern, the weather, and everything else. After several hours, their ringleader had an inspiration--
"Hey Sam, your car is still here, right?" He slurred.
"Dah, yeah, I guess so," said Sam.
"Screw it. We're Drivin' to New York. C'mon, boys," and off they staggered, toward the snowed-in parking lot.

I think about those guys now & then, and wonder if they made it to New York. Hell, they're probably all Congressmen now.

In Reply to: Re: Kinda OT: Re: Eastern Airlines posted by Mark on November 05, 2014 at 18:53:28 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]