Re: Aurora

Message posted by Gimbal on September 12, 2014 at 7:21:26 PST:

AuroraXB70 I read that report when it came out in a magazine and just as way back when I still wonder how or why they never got a picture of it if they were up there to look at the Base how come this aircraft was able to taxi out, line up on the runway without any chatter with the Tower or being spotted by those who climbed up there to look at the base in time for a camera shot or video.
Also we know the Cammo's and Blackhawkes get pretty lively if there is something about to take place at the Base these guys simply got the usual hassle nothing out of the ordinary.
I am not convinced about this report test flights at 6 am in the morning? They won't even fly during a full moon let alone at dawn. That was 15 years ago and still we hear or see nothing about "Aurora" the SR71 was seen on several occaisions as it is impossible to hide an active aircraft in service especially in an age of phone cameras. The RQ-170 was soon photographed once it went into service because our phones have cameras and that has been the case for over a decade.
Like I have said I have no doubt a successor to the SR71 was built as a Test Article but I do not think it hit the production line or went into active service.

In Reply to: Re: Aurora posted by AuroraXB70 on September 12, 2014 at 1:35:49 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]