Raised Relief Map of Area 51

Message posted by Bob Cerchione on February 18, 2014 at 12:11:48 PST:

Has anyone ever created a detailed raised relief map of Area 51 and the surrounding viewing areas?

I'd be interested in purchasing something like this.

I've always had an interest in this are ever since I found out I blew the chance of a lifetime when I turned down a job offer at Lockheed in Lancaster CA. Little did I know at the time I would be working with Kelley Johnson's team. Fresh out of college I was concerned there was "nothing interesting" to do in the high desert !!!!

I did however, end up working as project manager for the "Fuel and Water Quantity Measuring Devices", as they were called, for the lunar landing madule during our eforts to put men on the moon..... "Hello Houston we have a problem"..... Apollo 13.

It was our sensors that determined the capability of the module to provide life support for the return trip to earth.Those were the good days of manned space fight. The astronauts themselves were part of the decision as what hardware would fly or not.

My next door neighbor's brother, Bill, is married to Pat of the Little A'Le'Inn which also keeps my interest in the area piqued.

Any information on the maps would be appreciated.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]