Re: TFR in Western New Mexico raises eyebrows ..

Message posted by Steve Douglass on October 23, 2013 at 12:14:58 PST:

Update: This is some of what I know now - which may be related. I talked to a friend who was in the area. He was west of the VLA west of Socorro. He said he was passed by a military convoy - six Humvees and a large military truck and three white vans with gov plates. None of the vehicles had markings. They were traveling at a high rate of speed.

He also heard a deep roar overhead and trailing off to the south - either a B-1B or a group of close flying jet aircraft. He could not see them.

I also know three Ospreys left Cannon AFB this morning - flying to the SW and have not returned.

AR 610 - AR 623 and AR 10 have been very busy today with OILER being the main refueling aircraft. SENTRY has been their biggest customer as well as TOPPR flight of three.

I don't know what it adds up to - or even if it does. I won't make any assumptions here. Keep in mind NM is a very active military area and these could be routine training flights.

In Reply to: Re: TFR in Western New Mexico raises eyebrows .. posted by Steve Douglass on October 23, 2013 at 10:19:57 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]