Re: I have a question about nellis AFB

Message posted by gary on February 18, 2002 at 9:03:27 PST:

If you don't have a 300mm to 400mm lens, you are probably better off parking on the dirt road and taking your chances with security. If you are parked on the dirt road, a 100mm lens will be fine.

The best thing to do is look like you are some guy with a camera taking photos, that is, be very obvious. When it is warm, I sit outside my vehicle in a folding chair with my camera in my hand or nearby waiting for the next plain. This way it is pretty obvious why I am parked there.

The other thing to consider is there may be another vehicle parked by the road taking photos, and if that person wasn't chased out, you won't be chased out.

Regarding Indian Springs, I just parked on the other side of the highway and security couldn't do anything or they didn't care. Since the Thunderbirds practice far away from the highway, the extra 100ft didn't make any difference, though once in a while if the Thunderbirds flew low, a truck might get in the way of your viewing.

In Reply to: Re: I have a question about nellis AFB posted by Hank on February 18, 2002 at 5:22:27 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]