Re: I have a question about nellis AFB

Message posted by Anonymous on February 17, 2002 at 23:52:05 PST:

I was chased away from the fence by over zealous security at Indian Springs (illegally on their part), but have had no problems by the fence at Nellis, thanks to a few people phoning the public affairs office at Nellis and informing them of their previously illegal actions.

There are some who insist on parking underneath the flight line. I find this location is not very good for taking photographs, plus I feel obligated to wear my David Clark's to protect my hearing. The better spot is by the fence near Las Vegas Blvd. If you will be using a GPS, I'll dig up the coordinates.

I'm going to scan some photos tonight which will make it obvious which spot is better to take photos. You will need a 300mm lens at the very least, and I suggest 400mm. At 400mmf/5.6, you can shoot 100 speed film. You can probably rent a good camera and lens if you don't own or don't want to travel with heavy optics.

In Reply to: I have a question about nellis AFB posted by M.Watanabe on February 17, 2002 at 23:34:28 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]