Re: OT: Predator drone navigatioin lights

Message posted by Georgeums on August 20, 2012 at 21:34:53 PST:

It's publicly known that the DHS is spending money on establishing a Predator drone presence over the Detroit-Windsor to Port Huron-Sarnia border corridor as everything from illegal smokes to human trafficking takes place, albeit at an order of magnitude smaller than what happens on our southern border.

We get helicopters over where I live all the time as traffic copters come over here regularly and the University of Michigan's Survival Flight chopper follows US-23 or Pontiac Trail down to Ann Arbor if it's made a run to pick someone up from the middle of the state, so those are usually lower flying and are easy to spot as choppers based on the blinking of their navigation lights.

I had heard that on the night I saw about four or five red lights heading East, various governmental agencies were doing a disaster preparedness drill on the West Side of the state, so I assumed that I was watching whatever went west head back to Southeastern Michigan.

I'm seeing these lights on a once-every-other week basis, so I'm at the point where I may as well call the DHS's Detroit office and ask what's up. I'm not guaranteed to get any answers, but it's better than nothing.

In Reply to: Re: OT: Predator drone navigatioin lights posted by OldThudMan~!!~ on August 19, 2012 at 20:45:19 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]