Re: MAFEX NOTAM

Message posted by Gregos on May 24, 2012 at 21:58:27 PST:

I just got home from MAFEX. It was a wonderful exercise to witness. I am anxious to write a trip report for Joerg, but first I would like to congratulate all the participants for the truly amazing show and safe return. I would also like to thank the Department of the Air Force FOIA manager Susan Cunningham for her response to my FOIA request (posted in an earlier thread).

MAFEX lasted over the KENO airfield for about 5 hours of non stop action! I viewed it from the Cedar Gate and I'm curious to know if anyone was at the usual KENO view point?

Above is a picture of what I thought was the last plane off the airfield and the end of the exercise. I just shut my camera off and was putting the lens cap on when it popped it's "Angel Flares!" I nearly soiled myself! I threw the lens cap to the ground, turned the camera back on, then cursed myself for missing the shot! I can't believe it's actually in focus because I was in manual focus mode and me putting the lens cap on should have knocked that all out of whack! I missed the flares but you get the point. I still had my eye on the C-17 when she popped them so I actually saw it true to life and not thru the view finder. So in a way I guess I'm really lucky?

More to come...

In Reply to: MAFEX NOTAM posted by Gregos on May 22, 2012 at 21:41:06 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]