Area 51 Viewers Guide

Message posted by RickB on May 11, 2012 at 18:35:42 PST:

Being from the Chicago area, I can only get out west so often. The last time I was in Las Vegas was January 2005. That's when I did my one and only trip out Rachel and drove the circle around the entire Nellis Test Range. While in Rachel, I picked up an issue of the "Area 51 Viewers Guide" by Chuck Clark. I believe it was from a gas station just south of the Little Ale'Inn. I remember there was an older woman behind the counter.

I read Glenn Campbell's "Area 51 Viewers Guide" last week for the first time.

I thought Chuck Clark's guide was the definitive viewers guide from back then, but I now see it was the one authored by Glenn Campbell.

Interesting. Two Area 51 viewers guides from Rachel residents. Was Chuck living there after Glenn?

Did that gas station and/or mini-mart have anything to do with the Area 51 Research Station that Glenn Campbell started? Who took over that business after Glenn left? What is the general history of these related businesses?

I believe the Area 51 Research Station would have been closed when I was there in 2005? I don't remember going into a trailer. Is the gas station/mini-mart still open today?

Sorry for all the questions - just trying to piece some things together.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]