Re: Theories on Large Hanger

Message posted by Gregos on May 08, 2012 at 9:44:44 PST:

Francois,

This has been one of my beliefs from day one of the discovery of the new hangar and dirt mound. Rumor has it the JANET's windows are blacked out but that isn't the case. I believe FAA rules require window shades UP during take off and landing. They would pass the berm during that phase so open windows it is. The height of the berm would also support this theory and that's why I initially agreed with your post.

Now the cons: If you draw a line in Google Earth from the SE corner of the hangar to the runway it still gets you close to the hangar's ramp. You could still see the hangar and ramp from the JANETs but maybe not inside. Also, if you draw a line from Tikaboo Peak to the berm it bisects it almost thru the middle. So as long as the mystery aircraft is low profile, the berm would block the view from Tikaboo Peak. Therefore I believe it is the other way around. It is a screen from prying eyes on Tikaboo with a "welcome side effect" for the passengers on the JANETs. Just my 2¢

Gregos

In Reply to: Re: Theories on Large Hanger posted by Francois on May 07, 2012 at 12:42:19 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]