OT-Re: Atomic Testing Museum to Highlight Area 51

Message posted by Tangolima on March 21, 2012 at 12:21:15 PST:

I can certainly sympthasize with you T.D. This reminds me of a story from a friend that was a Tomcat RIO. He was doing static display duty at an air show and a guy came up and started asking questions about the Tomcat. Up to this point, it was pretty standard fare. Then the conversation went like this:
Air show dude: "What is the service ceiling on the Tomcat?"
Tomcat RIO: "It is 55k feet."
Air show dude:"Oh really....I have read that it is a lot higher than that....like 115k feet!"
Tomcat RIO: "No, nothing like that, only 55k feet."
Air show dude:"I've seen several references to 115k feet....come on man, I won't tell anybody....it will go to 115k feet...right...you can tell me, right?"
Tomcat RIO: No...it is only 55k feet."

Okay, now you need to loop this part of the conversation about five times. Finally, feeling like he is being harassed, the Tomcat RIO has had enough and says:

"Okay....it WILL go to 115k feet!"

At this point the air show dude starts fist pumping and walks off shouting..."I knew it....I knew it
!!!"

This clearly demonstrates that even if someone in the know gives you some information, it might not be accurate.

In Reply to: Re: Atomic Testing Museum to Highlight Area 51 posted by T.D. Barnes on March 21, 2012 at 11:19:15 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]