Re: Great footage of the SR71, 1987

Message posted by ebruns on March 13, 2012 at 23:51:41 PST:

Rick, sorry about the delay, I missed your post...Well, unfortunately I don't have any kind of "schedule" as they were just kind of hit and miss around the house and the McClellan runway, kind of rare compared to the U-2's which were seen more often.....We would drive up closer to Beale to get better SR-71 views but that could be kind of a hit and miss deal unless it was an airshow or something more public.....But we still managed to get out own "private airshows" at times and they were always a sight to behold !!!.....My best pictures were probably from on the base during an open house kind of deal, now I just have to find those !!!.....Aw the days past, man used to see so many things that are now gone.....Still U-2's flying around, but even those have cut back from what they used to be.....In fact the most common thing now is the T-38's they use to "stay sharp" and those are several times a week or more...............E

In Reply to: Re: Great footage of the SR71, 1987 posted by RickB on March 12, 2012 at 16:43:48 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]