Re: New Area 51 Show

Message posted by TD Barnes on February 19, 2012 at 22:31:36 PST:

I don't have the coordinates, but you should be able to locate it quite easily. You are looking for the ETS (Engine Test Stand) It is located on top of a low hill and the tunnel simply goes in at the base of the hill. Here is a link to my write up and photos of what you are looking for. http://td-barnes.com/atomic.html If you don't find it, let me know and I will Google. In the photo of the RMAD facility you can see the ETS about 3 miles in the distance. The rail line goes to it. We moved the reactor by locomotive operated by remote control because of the radioactivity. We would run the engine and then return it to the RMAD for maintenance and to prepare it for the next run. We developed the engine for the Saturn V rocket, but there is no way we will ever launch a vehicle by nuclear power. It will have to be launched from an orbiting way station. Let me know if you have any more questions on this. I think the website will answer a lot of your questions.

Attached link: Link to my webpage about the NERVA project.

In Reply to: Re: New Area 51 Show posted by NepaTitan on February 19, 2012 at 22:09:59 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]