Re: Could SEAL Team 6 sneak into Area 51?

Message posted by RoadKill on January 27, 2012 at 16:46:14 PST:

I'm not directing this to anyone in particular, but past discussions have questioned the wisdom of talking about what we see at Groom or speculation about what could be going on in the black world. The argument usually put forth is that we're dangerously close to providing info to adversaries of the United States of America when we talk about things that aren't "common knowledge". I'm on the side that says if we can see it, then it's not so secret...within reason.

However, the discussion here, and threads on similar topics, seem to me to be of far greater concern. Operational security is achieved by preparation, practice, and being unpredictable. So, when we get into details of how certain facilities handle incursions, we get precariously close to crossing that line of right to know vs. saying too much.

I know that some of what has been talked about is available on the web, but I'd just caution us all to be cognizant of what we're saying.

Further, I second the poster that suggested that this is an inappropriate topic for this particular forum. Obviously Hank and Joerg have the final say, but I think we need to redirect ourselves back to the purpose of this site - "Area 51, Black Projects, the Nellis Ranges, TTR and the ET Highway".

RoadKill

In Reply to: Could SEAL Team 6 sneak into Area 51? posted by Skyflite on January 26, 2012 at 6:25:04 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]