Re: What's at TTR now? And satellite image questions??

Message posted by OldThudMan~!!~ on September 15, 2011 at 22:35:20 PST:

My understanding that TTR is primarily a weapons development base.And I would think that means new weapons (rockets, missiles, and what have you)......TTR is run by Sandia Labs, which as far as I know is still owned by Lockheed-Martin....

From Wikipedia: "It is currently used for nuclear weapons stockpile reliability testing, research and development of fusing and firing systems, and testing nuclear weapon delivery systems.[2] The airspace comprises restricted area R-4809 of the Nevada Test and Training Range and is often used for military training."
You understand that Wikipedia is not written by experts or journalist, etc, etc...So how accurate the above statement is, is subject to conjecture.....But they still deal with weapons..

Anyway.....The F-117 squadron was housed at TTR during it's initial formation and training....Because it was not a "Non-Base" like Groom, but still was very secluded within the Nellis Range....After their first combat and public intro they went to Holloman AFB...Nothing to my knowledge was every planned to utilize the old TTR F-117 hangers, etc or take their place......But one never knows in the world of the Black Arts.....;0)

In Reply to: What's at TTR now? And satellite image questions?? posted by JinTx on September 15, 2011 at 22:06:03 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]