Re: DARPA - we have a BUDGET problem ...

Message posted by Mark Lincoln on August 14, 2011 at 0:33:14 PST:

Have either of you read the US budgets for the last 12 years?

Do you have a clue what the term 'discretionary spending' means?

Do you have the slightest concept of what 'fiscal responsibility' implies?

Have you any concept of Fiscal Responsibility?

Is the idea that you get what you pay for such a foreign idea that you cannot accept it?

I think you think listening to Fox News is a replacement for actually informing oneself about reality.

The budget was roughly balanced in 2000. It plunged into deficit in 2001 following massive tax cuts. it went even deeper into budget when increases in defense spending and two wars were paid for with additional tax cuts in 2003. During the period 2001-2008 the National Debt doubled. The last budget provided by the Bush administration anticipated immense deficits which account for the overwhelming majority of the deficits in 2010-11.

One thing I learned in engineering school was that you can't fix the problem unless you comprehend what it is.

The problem is that for the second time in my life there was utterly irresponsible management of the US budget. The first time the national debt doubled in 8 years was between 1981 and 1989. The second was between 2001 and 2009.

I know when a failure of ideology has produced runaway budget deficits. Thank God that George Herbert Walker Bush was responsible enough to try and reverse the fiscal irresponsibility of his predecessor.

My criticism of Obama is that he has failed to reverse the fiscal irresponsibility - if not fiscal criminality - of his predecessor.

Gentlemen, if you want, pay. if you are not willing to pay for what you want, then turn the spotlight upon yourselves and ask why you think that the world should support your dreams, desires, and careers.

Fiscal Responsibility is ultimately paying for what you want.

Anyone who thinks robbing someone else is fiscal responsibility has no clue about the meaning of the words.

Fiscal: of or relating to taxation, public revenues, or public debt.
Responsibility: the quality or state of being responsible: as
a : moral, legal, or mental accountability
b : reliability, trustworthiness.

Put the two together and compare result to the delusion that defense budgets may increase at 70% per decade as taxes are consistently slashed.

There are 'welfare queens' wrecking the USA, but they wave the flag and proclaim their patriotism while eschewing any any responsibility for what they have wrought.

You want it, then pay for it, you got it?

I personally have NO complaint with the taxes I pay. Nor do I demand they be reduced or expenditures which benefit me be increased.

Color me un-American as you will.

What some of you define as 'American' seems disgustingly irresponsible.

This will be my LAST response to several blatantly political responses for now.

This is, I have been repeatedly told, about Area 51, and aerospace technology.

Sorry if the idea of paying for those things are evidence of something unpatriotic.

In Reply to: Re: DARPA - we have a problem ... posted by greatguess on August 13, 2011 at 12:19:19 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]