Re: Look Forward Florida

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on July 23, 2011 at 17:41:06 PST:

I guess the private sector is our only hope, and hopefully will bear fruit but unless Bill Gates decides to use his wealth for the good of all America instead of what he is doing now, we will only be able to go LEO, and maybe to the ISS.

Yes very strongly about missing the glamor of airtravel. I remember as a kid getting dressed up in a suit to travel by air (my Dad was a Pam Am Purser that flew in the Clippers) while now people dress better to go to the mailbox than for flying. Sorry, but tank tops, short shorts and flip-flops just don't cut it, especially if something happens and you gotta get out of a burning fuselage - instant casualty.

Yes to the military getting more power conscious I was at both the AUSA and SOFIC symposiums and A LOT of new military technology is all about power use and different (including a lot of green tech) fuels. Too bad stuff like the use of rail guns for catapults and guns aboard ships have been delayed, stopped or back burnered.

Have a good'un

In Reply to: Re: Look Forward Florida posted by Mark Lincoln on July 23, 2011 at 14:51:47 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]