Re: OT - Last Flight Out

Message posted by Gregos on July 09, 2011 at 8:33:51 PST:

Yes, I agree with you that it's expensive to fly. But miserable failure and delivered too little? Now come on. Let's see, Satellite delivery and REPAIR, LDEF, Spacelabs, Hubble, and that thing, what's it called, oh yeah, the International Space Station. And that's just to name a few off the top of my head. Oh then don't start me on the thousands of jobs that are about to get pink slips in their paycheck. I agree, the STS program has it's flaws but anybody out there got a better Space Shuttle? My 1979 Buick Roadmaster is pretty expensive to operate too, but it hauls all my band gear to the next gig - right! Just kidding, I'm not in a band or own a Roadmaster, but I hope you see my point! The shuttle is awesome. It defined our nation at the end of the 20th century. My only grip is we scuttled the shuttle before we had a replacement for the 21st century. But that's the politician's fault. Not NASA. I'm sure they would love to keep them flying, but we got more "important things" to spend our annual budget on than bumping up NASA funds for the development of future technologies and America's lead in space...

In Reply to: Re: OT - Last Flight Out posted by Mark Lincoln on July 08, 2011 at 15:41:45 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]