Re: AMARC pictures

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on December 20, 2001 at 12:19:26 PST:

The variety of aircraft amazed me. Looked like everything from F-16's to B-58's were cocooned. I'm sure the increased use of the CONUS fighters will result in quicker use of exisiting spares and high-maintenence parts, so there will be a need for more replacement aircraft and/or more spares in the inventory. In the civilian world, wharehoused spare parts are an expensive luxury (the taxes on spare parts are such that NO company dare keep any but the barest of minimum on-hand), so I'm sure that the USAF routinely raids "down" aircraft for parts to keep "up" aircraft combat ready. What they want to do with old Kaman Navy helicopters is beyond me, but if we need them, we sure got them. Why we can't revitalize a couple of squadrons of F-4E's for homeland defence instead of working our F-16's and F-15's to an early death is something I'd wish we would consider. We even have a ready pool of (ageing but capable) ex-F-4 pilots that would be happy to fly those birds again. Since we don't have to worry about camoflague, we could really paint them up nice, and make a real nice homeland defence Air Force.

In Reply to: Re: AMARC pictures posted by zipper on December 20, 2001 at 11:42:34 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]