Re: Foreign Nationals at Groom?

Message posted by Angus Batey on June 24, 2011 at 11:11:48 PST:

Hello Jaime,

There's a story in Paul F Crickmore's Lockheed Blackbird: Beyond the Secret Missions of an incident on 29th June 1965 when an RAF pilot, Flt Lt Jock Heron, who was on exchange at Nellis, experienced trouble with his F-105, declared an emergency and landed at Groom. While he was on the base, he got to see an A-12 taking off. It's an excellent story told at some length in Heron's own words in the book.

Also, while I'm here, I'd also like to thank Thud and velvetelvis for their kind words on my piece in the Sunday Telegraph at the weekend. Folks outside the UK who didn't get to see the printed version will have missed the thankyou to Pete and Joerg, who both helped me out immensely on many occasions during the four-and-a-bit years I've kind of been working on it, but particularly in the weeks leading up to publication. With help as expert as theirs, getting the facts right is a lot easier. Any errors, though, are definitely my own fault. I would have said all this earlier, but lost my forum password - apologies.

Cheers,

AB

In Reply to: Foreign Nationals at Groom? posted by Jaime Longo on June 23, 2011 at 16:50:35 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]