O/T What plane did I see yesterday???

Message posted by Sedalia Mike on December 19, 2001 at 8:09:56 PST:

I'm fortunate enough to work at a facility located on the property of our local airport so I get to do plane watching on breaks. Occasionally something bizarre will use the runways for practice (touch and gos) and yesterday that happened. The plane was a USAF jet painted all white with maybe grey on the belly - couldn't really tell if it had two or four engines. Looked like a 707 (had forward facing stinger antenna on tail) but it had a bubble on the roof just aft of the cockpit. Looked on the web for an hour last night and the nearest thing I can find that looks like it is an E6 Tacamo. Now those things don't have bubbles and the nearest submarine is a German U-Boat in a museum in Chicago. Anyway, it was a nice departure from the usual C-130s based in town or the visiting aircraft from Scott AFB that practice. I did have my Sony in the car and the guy in the tower called it a 707 and then started to say KC-1...(and then he said quickly)E6. Do Tacamos now have a bubble that the pictures on the web don't show. Also, a flight of A-10s went over downtown yesterday morning (seen by guy on radio and reported) - who knows where those guys were going.

Sedalia Mike / Peoria, Illinois

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]