Re: Weapons School BFM at the "Rocks" and the "Farms"

Message posted by Gregos on May 27, 2011 at 16:43:14 PST:

Hi Paul,

Yes, I believe when you speak of the "Rocks" out by Moapa you are refering to the "Rox" on the old USGS Topo maps. I went out there a few years ago in April of 2009 to hunt for a F-15 crash that happened in 2005. F-22 Raptors were mixing it up in the air very near the "Rox." There was also a BLM Fire Truck there watching the end of a brush fire that someone set with fireworks from the near by Moapa Indian Reservation. I asked them if the flares from the weapons school start fires out here, they mentioned "all the time."

Don't go out there without a really good 4WD high clearance vehicle. I got a HUMMER H3 and nearly got stuck. Tom Mahood got stuck and sunk his truck! The BLM fire truck saved my bacon. I just talked to Joerg about this a few weeks ago. If I did get stuck I'd walk to the Union Pacific Rail Line that goes thru the area. I went out there 2 times now and there was a lot of traffic down the tracks. If you didn't go to the Rail Road, you would probably never be found for months. No joking. No cell, no water, no life! For more info see my trip report to the left.

The Hunt for #80-0052 -Lol, April 01, 2009

In Reply to: Re: Weapons School BFM at the "Rocks" and the "Farms" posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on May 27, 2011 at 16:06:51 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]