Re: Area51 Land Withdrawl Hearing

Message posted by Gregos on May 21, 2011 at 14:49:36 PST:

If you live in Las Vegas, you can go down to the BLM HQ Office in North Las Vegas. I was there about a year ago as the 1995 land recall has expired! Unfortunately, the BLM says they will honor the recall until the USAF gives it back. We exchanged several letters and I visited them once. The USAF is never going to give back the land and the BLM will uphold their end of the deal. I asked so when will this be cleared up, and the BLM politely responded, when hell freezes over. You will never walk on Freedom Ridge ever again! Even though it is now public land again. This is a crime in my humble opinion but it's not worth me doing hard time for!

Getting back to the BLM Office, they have about four 3 inch folders with massive amounts of paper work. Mostly, letters of protest regarding the land seizure. Attached is a letter I took from my iPhone of Peter Merlin's letter of protest. Peter I hope you don't mind me posting this but you are a celeb around here and this is history!

BLM Contact:

***Nevada Office FOIA Coordinator
Bureau of Land Management
1340 Financial Blvd
Box 12000
Reno, NV 89520

Re: Freedom of Information Act Request

FOIA Coordinator:

This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act.  I request that a copy of the following documents, or documents containing the following information, be provided to me: PLO 7131 (60 FR 18030) from 1995 to the present. I am specifically interested in the current status of this land withdrawal and if there is any time limitations set on the said land withdrawal***

In Reply to: Re: Area51 Land Withdrawl Hearing posted by RickB on May 21, 2011 at 13:29:36 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]