Death Valley Emigrant Trail

Message posted by Vince on April 02, 2011 at 1:19:50 PST:

Hi all,
This might not seem like the most important question in the world but maybe someone might be able to shed some light on the subject.

I was looking for Geocaches to do near Rachel, NV next time I'm out that way (looks like next year, but hey...never hurts to plan ahead). And while looking at Groom Rd there is a cache there and it's right next to a spur listed as The Death Valley Emigrant Trail.

The trail looks like it spurs off the Groom Road about 7 miles from the junction of 375 but it seems to just dead end. So my question is...is it an actual road or is it just an old abandon trail? Also are there any photos of it available? I study the trail systems of people in North America (sounds riveting doesn't it) and I've only come across this trail recently. Can anyone who's gone down the road fill me in on any details or post some pics if they have them.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I'm from out East so there's really no way to take a Sunday drive down the road to solve the mystery myself.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]