feet on the ground

Message posted by loopbacktest4echo on March 24, 2011 at 15:49:21 PST:

Super advanced technology only works when deployed by very smart tacticians. China has the money and educated workforce to surpass the U.S. in technology. The real question is can the U.S. keep it's lead. Personally, I don't believe we are graduating enough people in the hard sciences to do this but that trend could change. In all wars everything eventually comes down to feet on the ground. In the case of China our military is extremely out numbered. A ground pounder would need to carry several times his weight in ammunition. This happened in the Korean war where our soldiers simply ran through their ammo and bodies just kept coming. As far as training foreigners, I was doing some work at base overseas in a hot zone and when we went to the DFAC to eat. There was a group of servicemen in U.S. uniforms who didn't speak English. I saw at least 20 of them who were all identical looking to the point of appearing to be clones. The best I could come up with was that they were all from some Pacific Island. They weren't speaking English or Arabic. They just stared at us like we were from another planet. Anyways, China is pretty determined to take the lead in everything which means there will be headbutting sometime in the future.

In Reply to: Re: "Today... The sun never sets on American territory" posted by jwolfe on March 24, 2011 at 15:06:06 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]