Thunderbirds Practice schedule

Message posted by RickB on March 24, 2011 at 10:44:26 PST:

Is there any kind of pattern or schedule for the Thunderbirds practices during the off season, and
in between air shows during the season?

I have seen them do their entire show over Nellis AFB in late afternoon (during Red Flag). Other times, they take off at different times of day and head over to Creech to practice.

What dictates when and where they practice? Over Nellis or when they go to Creech? Is there any particular pattern or schedule that they follow from day to day?

I travel from Illinois to Vegas a couple times a year and always spend time out around Nellis to watch the activity and sometimes go up to Creech too. I usually try to go during the week when most of the activity takes place (including the Thunderbirds). However, I can never seem to pinpoint any kind of consistent or routine scheduling pattern with the Thunderbirds practices, which I always like to watch along with all the other activity, including the Red Flag and Green Flag exercises.

I feel like whenever I'm out there to watch the Flag exercises, seeing the Thunderbirds fly is always an additional bonus!!

As an aside, the routine for the Thunderbirds practices seems very different than the Blue Angels practices at Pensacola, which always follow a routine practice schedule each day they practice (usually 10:30 AM). Also, the Blue Angels practice schedule has always been available to the public, who the Navy invites to come out and watch.

I would appreciate any help with this...

Thanks,
Rick

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]