Re: Watching JANET flights 13 miles from Groom Lake

Message posted by FosterVS on February 13, 2011 at 7:39:59 PST:

"Bombing Range 61 gate" Very nice! Arousing the suspicions of the cammo dudes is always fun, quite the rush the first few times... as you probably know, as long as you don't cross the line, or do anything "stupid", it's all good.

I've been wondering if searching on a topo map would yield viewspots of at least some of the base. But undoubtedly many people have already done this.

I rode in to this gate, near the Back Gate, in November on my dirtbike:
37°32'54.07"N, 115°48'12.66"W
No sign of the cammo dudes until I came back out and was at my truck loading up. Then they drove right by me, very slow, staring. The driver, a huge black guy, did return my nod though. Still, it scared the crap out of me.

Could be they had been alerted from the main gate, since I pulled up there earlier on my dirtbike, and they followed me around, and almost back to 375 over the next hour or so. I am still cobbling together pictures and video of all this.

I was planning on hitting all the gates between the main and back gates, but this was November, the wind was blowing hard, and it was DAMN cold... next time!

In Reply to: Re: Watching JANET flights 13 miles from Groom Lake posted by Paul on February 12, 2011 at 22:57:22 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]