Re: New generation of unmanned spy planes being tested

Message posted by gordy on January 15, 2011 at 19:55:12 PST:

I never mentioned any nation in particular. Rather I was referring to humanity in general. However, your comments reinforce the argument. Any time a group of people care more for a line in the sand, or a religious belief, or whatever, than they do even one life, there is a disparity.

While the US did show some restraint with fission technology 50 years ago, I don't think humanity has kept up sociologically with the dizzying speed of weapons technology advencement. Don't know how we could. And since the information highway is global now, evidenced by the Chinese stealth, N. Korean bomb, Iranian nuclear program, etc., I wonder how long it is before those with less constraint have access.

I have traveled the world my entire life and I don't need anyone to tell me that this is the best place on the planet to live. The point missed is that in my travels I have seen starvation, ignorance, corruption, greed and all sorts of travesty. I just wonder how much the billions spent on just one peachy-keen hyper sonic killing machine could help.

In Reply to: Re: New generation of unmanned spy planes being tested posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on January 13, 2011 at 15:19:54 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]