Let's hope for one upsmanship

Message posted by Long Time Reader / Dreamer in TX on January 06, 2011 at 21:23:01 PST:

With the recent pics of the Chinese aircraft let's all hope the U.S. gov gets into a cold war of pics and throws everyone a few bones to chew on by releasing pics of what we really have. I don't mean show our hand, I just mean have a little fun. A long time ago I posted a question on here asking why the U.S. gov does not do more to inspire kids to want to be scientist by letting out a bit more of what's really out there and the possibilities. All it would take is a few pics, videos, or even stories from time to time. Most kids now a days want to play professional sports when they grow up because that is what they see on tv and hear about from their friends. Kids heroes today are usually sports players because they can see them and are constantly bombarded via media and their social circles about their accomplishments, greatness ,and inspiration they provide as leaders. Why not allow kids to know a bit more about the real deal and let a few of their heroes be those with the right stuff?

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]