Re: The Dreamlandresort Community (forum)

Message posted by T1 on December 13, 2010 at 12:47:30 PST:

The topic of upgrading the forums has been brought up before, but I recall Joerg mentioned it wasn't feasible (please correct me if I'm wrong). I know it may be a challenge, but it really is a worthwhile one, because I think it would improve our communications and sense of community.

We get a lot of repeat questions and with full-featured forum software, searching would be easier as would internal linking to previous threads and/or a FAQ with common questions.

In terms of the current "community" topic, forum software allows users (if they choose) to enter information as to their location, background, interests, and contact information. The software records how many posts a user has made and that is often linked to user levels, which identify senior/experienced forum members who contribute regularly.

I visit many other message boards and I think DLR really does deserve it's own full-featured forum, as it could improve the quality of our discussions and research.

T1

In Reply to: Re: The Dreamlandresort Community posted by andyspeake on December 13, 2010 at 7:42:28 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]