Air Show over Spruce Flat Bog

Message posted by The 7th Man on October 17, 2010 at 22:48:52 PST:

Hi,
I know this has nothing to do with Groom Lake but I thought some might find this interesting.

Today I was out hiking in Forbes State Forest in southwestern Pennsylvania, checking out a rare bog, when I saw something that I thought was worth a mention here.

About sundown we got to the bog and were taking pictures when I noticed some cool aerial stuff going on in the skies above.

In this first picture the jet/plane on the left looks like it was going to hit the one in the middle. Of course they passed within safe distance. But then there was some other stuff that looked like a chase. In all there were five different aircraft. I got a few good shots.

I was wondering if those that live near military bases see this type of activity, especially out near Rachel, Beatty...etc

Spruce Flat Bog is in Forbes State Forest in between Johnstown, Pa and Somerset, Pa. I'm curious if theirs any bases nearby. The closest one I know is near Pittsburgh International Airport (its an Air Force reserve base). Don't know if one is closer.

If anyone knows any info about a base nearby or has ever seen jets/planes chase each other please fill me in. I thought it was neat but it might be nothing that unusual.

Attached link: http://s814.photobucket.com/albums/zz67/Stealth_Blimp/Random%20images/?action=view¤t=100_5785.jpg

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]