Re: Red Flag 11-2

Message posted by Steele on October 14, 2010 at 6:16:47 PST:

I live right next to the base so I can tell you my experiences from the past 5 years.

1. No tours to the public (at least none that I've ever heard of). However, everyone hangs out at one of two locations. The first being on Las Vegas Blvd North, near the Speedway. The other is down on Cheyenne at Nellis (the East side of Nellis on Cheyenne). However, there are other locations in that area around Nellis and Cheyenne that aren't too bad to hang out at. Just don't do it after dark. You will see people mostly at the North part of the runway by the Speedway. Both locations are at the end of the runway. It just depends on which way they are taking off.

You can see much of the base on the North end of the base from LVB North. Or you can go over to Frenchman's Mountain in the suburbs and look down on the base (the mountain directly to the E/SE of the base).

2. Flying times vary. Generally around 6am however, they have left at 10pm before during Red Flag and sometimes around noon, 2pm, etc. I think I even remember hearing them take off around 2am one time.

3. Depends on their orders. Sometimes the same day, sometimes the next day.

While I'm not an expert on Red Flag, I do live next to the base so I'm kinda familiar with the routine. I'll check back in a couple of days to see if I am incorrect, or if I can help you with anything else.

In Reply to: Red Flag 11-2 posted by oscar220575 on October 11, 2010 at 13:20:54 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]