Re: Possessing a Firearm

Message posted by JoenTX on October 07, 2010 at 2:58:50 PST:

The questions have been asked here before all right, by me no less before making my first trip out a couple of years ago.

I carry a firearm as a general matter of practice during regular, daily life so I was certainly concerned with how general gov't land owners were treating the possession of firearms on their property. Not necessarily what the law states in all cases, but, how they were conducting themselves at the time you see.

I learned it was perfectly okay to take with and I did. No reason to go flashing it around or to get beered-up and take shots at road signs for pete's sake, however.

Reasons? Obviously, you're miles away from any serious civilization and law enforcement is generally going to be a long way away if you should need them. Don't mind seeing a mountain lion or rattlesnake or such, but, don't want to find myself at a disadvantage to one where otherwise I could have been much better prepared for the eventuality.

In Reply to: Possessing a Firearm posted by Anonymous on October 06, 2010 at 10:02:52 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]